Here’s a snapshot of my day:
- Josh wakes me up with sweet, warm, coffee kisses, “Byeeee…”
- Pop out of bed, make some strong, black Gevalia.. Take acidophilus, fish oil, milk thistle (best liver cleanser on the planet), two papaya enzymes (to aid degestion) + the standard two Ibuprofin gel caps.
- Have some breakfast: vanilla Greek yogurt and some Ruby Red grapefruit juice
- Hop in shower
- Get ready for dentist appointment
- Dentist- full pano x-ray + cavity drilled and filled (raw nerves exposed- extremely painful)- xray results- TMJ “condo” area (cheek & jawbone joint on right side) is “not looking good”- is extremely swollen and may have bone mutation/deformation from chronic TMJ- may need surgery- TMJ specialist referral
- Straight to Mom’s house- pick up grocery list/my treat- go shopping for both my Mom & I- ($300)
- Drop off groceries/go home- Josh is home early- he helps put away groceries
- Laundry/cleaning/dishes, etc.
- Two more Ibuprofin gel caps because mouth hurts like a &^%$# and novacaine has worn off completely
- Make dinner for Josh & i: steak, polenta, fresh collard greens, fresh portabella mushrooms, green onions, fingerling “smushed potatoes” w/sour cream/garlic & scallions
- Put away laundry/wash another load
- Dishes (again)
- Give dog (Chance) a bath
- Take another shower
- Make hot Epson salt foot soak for Josh
- Take dog for walk
- Come home- finish up remaining dishes
- Make Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer tea for Josh and I (w/honey- good stuff!)
- Put clothes into dryer
- Brush teeth & fall into bed early with stack of schoolbooks at 10:36 p.m.
Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35/2.8 film lens + Canon Rebel XSI
jeez. you put me ta shame. I didn’t feel good today and hardly did a dang thing. That is a real good day’s work. hope the jaw settles down for you B. Good for you. xo
October 2, 2014 at 10:56 pm
Hey, I have my days too where I poke around like a 90 year old and barely get out of bed! (I think we all do, yeah?) I think I didn’t let myself sit still long enough to be swallowed by raw nerve pain. Now it’s Ambien time (thank God!) and time to clock out- books tomorrow. xo
October 2, 2014 at 11:50 pm
October 2, 2014 at 11:05 pm
October 2, 2014 at 11:05 pm
Yeah. Days fly by anymore! (Thanks, by the way.) x
October 2, 2014 at 11:09 pm
This is a lovely shot, a quick note on your day, does Josh not know how to cook, wash dishes, and sort the dog, and before anyone moans I’m a guy and would have done those things especially given the day you’ve just endured.
October 3, 2014 at 9:44 am
Thanks! And haha…I KNEW somebody would point all of that out. Believe it or not, hes AWESOME with that stuff, but in the past week alone, he’s built a shed, replaced a screen door (cutting and replacing the actual screen part too), bought another base door (front door) and cut it all down by hand + chiseled out hinges, etc. mowed the grass, did all of the weed-eating, trimming, etc. + worked over 60 hours at his hard-wood flooring job. He works his butt off!
So, yeah, I’ve had to double up on my house duties because he’s been replacing kitchen plumbing/pipes and rewiring electricity and lights in the kitchen (and other housing projects.) Whew! We’re some busy people! :0)
October 3, 2014 at 11:15 am