The Crucified Way

AwbadservantAAG_041tb4681g_detail

Never in a million years did I think I’d live to see the day when my Church would be divided. It happens to many churches. There are differences in opinions, feelings, ideologies, and ultimately, beliefs. So, church members branch off so that all people might feel included and have a place to go or belong. It doesn’t make the people who left “wrong” and it doesn’t make the people who stay in the original church “right”. Each person must decide for him or herself what is best in their lives.

I was born into a family of Pentecostals. My Church is Christ Gospel (Headquarters) and my Pastor is Rev. B. R. Hicks. She’s getting up there in years (in her 90’s) but she’s got plenty of fire left! 🙂 I consider her my spiritual mother and owe her a great deal; I always will. I was raised in duality, however: when I lived with my Mom, I went to prayer meetings twice per week and church four times per week. We didn’t have a t.v.- didn’t wear make-up, pants, etc. (skirts/dresses only), and lived a pretty clean life, to say the least. (I remember once, becoming heavily convicted at 14 because I was reading “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.” Yep!)  When I lived with my Dad, however, it was AC/DC, loads of whiskey, beer, and pot, and I had free reign of my life. I was perpetually bouncing back and forth between my parents throughout my adolescence and I was the only one of my siblings who did. Both sides- the spiritual world and the carnal world- were well developed within me. I’ll always be grateful for that. Had I been raised “only in church”, I would have felt inadequate, or as if I were a perpetual sinner and could never measure up to my cohorts and peers. Had I been raised “without God/church” (only) I’m sure I’d be dead by now, as I’m rebellious by nature and like to live life on the edge. Having both sides has allowed me to “sin with the sinners and sup with the saints”, as it were. What it’s also allowed me to do is get to know people from all walks of life- judging no one.
Testimony 2AAG_3buz2p1ii0_detail

There’s a saying in my church that we call “the Crucified Way”. It’s choosing to focus on Jesus’ crucifixion and believing that all things go back to that: the Cross. As Christians, we pray and ask God to “crucify our flesh” so that our own carnal pride will become crucified- transformed- and cleansed so that rather than making something “about ourselves”, we make it about Jesus and His will. It’s no secret that we’re living in a self-fulfilling, hedonistic world where it’s all about “gaining followers”. I think though, we can become lost, chasing after a hollow goal if we’re not purpose-driven and sanctified- seeing the world through anointed “holy” eyes. Without that, it’s too easy to get caught up in “self” and “status” and “followers” and “likes” and on and on and on. But we all do it, no matter how clean we think we are- we all do it.
Testimonyaag_hc1qvf5e4f_detail

But back to the matter at hand! Recently, my Church has become divided. Bro. Bill Hudson (whom I really like a lot) started a separate church and many people have left our home Church to join his. They call it “Return Ministries”. Keep in mind, I, myself haven’t been to an actual Church (building) in quite some time- but that has no bearing on my feelings and beliefs. I love my church- Christ Gospel- and always will. Whether I’m actually “attending the building” doesn’t add to or take away from my walk with Jesus- one bit.

Cross_v3s8v5s1fz_detail

I love my Pastor very much because she’s taught me what it means to forgive and to love, truly. I’ll never forget what she said one day, “You can’t love people from a distance.” In other words, you have to “get your hands dirty”. DO something to show people you love them. Help them clean their house, give them food or a ride to the store- HELP them! Don’t merely say a hypocritical prayer that “God will help them or bless them” and leave them out in the cold…
RFTLAAG_t3nbrzu8of_detail

It’s because of my Pastor that I was able to forgive my offenders – 100%- and find healing in my life. She’s lived by example and has poured out her heart, soul, time and her very life to help other people (like myself), and I’ll always be indebted to her for that.

There are a lot of lies on the internet about her, and there are people who have set out to destroy her her whole life. But just as the Bible says, “The servant is not above his Master,” and just as they tried to twist Jesus’ words, they twist hers too and try to make her out to be all sorts of things she is not.

I’m only one person with once voice. But consider this (part of) my testimony and that I have learned from Rev. Hicks how to love, forgive, overcome, how to give to others selflessly, how to actually give thanks to God for hard times, and how to take my eyes off of myself and put them on Jesus. She’s an awesome person, in general, but she’s an incredibly awesome woman.

WordDC_szfl64eqxm_slideShow

What I love most about her, though, is her refusal to “go with the flow”. She stands on what is in the Bible- 100%. In 2015- that offends a lot of people. People want conformity and change. Under pressure, Moses struck the rock (in the wilderness) so that the people would have water, but he struck it out of fear and to silence them. He didn’t strike the rock because God wanted him to. He did it because the people moved him to do it- but it wasn’t God’s will. He “went with the flow” so there wouldn’t be an uprising.

Rev. Hicks doesn’t “go with the flow to silence the masses”, and again, that’s one of the things that I love her for the most. People blame her for their own unhappiness, but if we don’t give others credit for our success, why should we blame them for our misery?

The single greatest thing I’ve ever learned from Rev. Hicks is this: “Nobody can push your buttons unless you allow them to.”

That statement literally changed my life. We each have the power and ability to choose LOVE. To choose peace. And to choose forgiveness. I’ll forever hold these precious lessons close to my heart, and I’ll forever be grateful for what Rev. Hicks has taught me. ♥

FLYAAGsigned_pounx5l928_detail

1. sounds rather difficult….

May 2, 2015 at 11:38 pm

• Yeah, but if it’s your “normal” then it’s “normal”. ;0)

May 3, 2015 at 7:03 am

2. I like the sound of your Rev, she sounds as tough as old boots but both wise and very insightful. I always find that splits and divisions are inevitable when you involve people vying for supremacy. I am always suspicious when their way is the only way, I read a very well written book which I could relate to completely, I would imagine you have read this but if not it was called The Shack.

What I think it highlights is how we have decided what the past / bible mean, which is extremely subjective, hence all the disagreements even now. Consider for a moment how the bible came into being, written down by folk who may have had their own agenda. This could have been in the way women were portrayed, marginalised and not seen as equals. It’s akin to writing a book now, what maybe in it or not is a questionable area depending on its author, their freedom and the publisher. Sometimes this can be harmonious more often than not it tends to be otherwise.

I think your Rev is on the money and I would love to share a coffee with her, a thoughtful post which is beautifully illustrated.

May 3, 2015 at 7:09 am

• I think you hit the nail on the head with the word “subjective”. I used to be so blindly one-sided. Incidentally, almost 5 years of psychology has done me a bit of good…heheh. Now, I think there are many “right ways”. One of the best lessons I’ve ever learned came from one of my best friends who’s an atheist. We were chatting one day (back in the days of AOL IM), and I mentioned to him that he was an unbeliever. His reply was, “I’m not an unbeliever. I just don’t believe what YOU do.” Wow. That was an epiphany! And then I realized that to him I was the unbeliever. I gained a world of respect (more) for him that day. I’ve learned to love all people, truly, and my hope and prayer is that they can love (and tolerate) me too. :0) And yes, Rev. Hicks is really a beautiful person. One evening, she said to the congregation, “I want everybody to come to church this Wednesday night because I’m going to tell you who I REALLY am.” Naturally, the place was packed on Wednesday. I was really curious as to who/what she was referring to! That night, she said, “I’m a sinner, saved by grace.” Heheh…I thought that was absolutely genius. It taught me a great lesson! We’re all human, despite our “outer shells”. Thanks for stopping in here and for sharing your thoughts and for taking the time! x

May 3, 2015 at 7:28 am

3. Allison

Awesome Post!!!! Love it! I see this division in CGC as God’s Way of a form communication of Love to all of us, and to bring us all closer to Himself. Yes although we’ve been divided in the natural realm but in spiritual realm we will never be separated from the Love of God .

Apostle Paul in the book of Romans 8:38-39:

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

If we truly found the “Love of God” which is in Christ Jesus our Lord nothing will be able to separate us from His Love, doesn’t matter where we are, the Love of God will keep us connected.

I must say the two people that God have used as True Aw-bad Servants in my life, and just to add there is a lot vessels which God had used and still using to bring me closer to Him but “God” really used these two vessels and still using them very mightily,I am what I am today because of both of them which they have sowed in my life through “God”, and I’m forever more grateful to my Lord Jesus and Savior for them to be so willingly and obedient to the Voice of God But the True Aw-Bad servants that God had used was and still using are: Rev. BR. Hicks and Rev. Paul Hanssen ( includes Sis Gwen Hanssen too 🙂 . Really appreciate, and one lesson which they have taught me and which flows out of their lives was and are flowing and which shall continually flow out is: To love , and because Love was drawing to all and was given freely to all, the portion that was given to me I need to give it out as much as a I can and this Love will touch the very hearts of His people.

So very I’m grateful for God to have used and which God is still using them sow seeds of Eternal Love so that I can give out to all out in this dark and lonely world .

Once again thank you very much for this post, God Bless your hearts, and remember we love you!!!

May 4, 2015 at 12:14 pm

• Hi Allison. :0) So glad that you popped in here and thanks for sharing your testimony- how awesome. I think you hit the nail on the head: LOVE. I too love Bro. Hansann and remember many of his sermons. I remember his story/testimony when he was in Haiti and had hateful neighbors who were always persecuting him. He eventually broke them down by giving them cakes. He broke down their walls of hate with his love. I love that. 🙂 All of these bits and pieces that we take with us from others- sort of like dryer lint- we collect them (hopefully mostly good parts…heheh) so that we can pass them out to others in the world. We’re commanded to shine! Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I don’t, but we have to march on- always. And yes, any division- that is based and founded on love- will only act as a large butterknife- spreading out Truth to those who wouldn’t have received it otherwise. Jesus said, “If they’re not against us- they’re FOR us.” And not everybody is in the same place in the body of Christ. Some are in the hands, some the bowels. Some are in the eyes or the head, and then there are those who are in the toes- like myself…haha. But seriously- we’re ALL in the body of Christ in the end, and we all play an important role in God’s Holy wheel. God bless you too! xo

May 4, 2015 at 10:38 pm

4. elmediat

Great post. Full of creative images and a personal thoughtful expression of one’s ideas & feelings. It is a successful expression of a spiritual point of view because it proclaims rather than preach. For many, they are preaching their beliefs – Preach = Propaganda + Teach – a dangerous position.

One of the contradictions that people stub their metaphorical toe on when it comes to religion is the distinction between the spiritual and the religious action.

Religion is a man made social institution that derives from a set of personal spiritual experiences and their related beliefs. As with all man made social institutions, religions define the Group( family, tribe, nation) and identify the Other ( outsiders who are not us).

Spiritual experiences and related beliefs are about making contact with an Infinite Divine Presence. By its very nature it is inclusive, there is no Other.

What you have described is a common problem when a religious community focuses on differences trying to define their group – arguing over which end of the egg to crack open first ( see: Gulliver’s Travels). Leading a religious life is easy, leading a spiritual life is demanding & difficult.

All the best. 🙂

May 4, 2015 at 2:53 pm

• Many good points you raise. :0) I must disagree with you on the definition of religion though. Many people think that religion IS man made, but true religion is God-made. Because it’s organizational as well, generally, it takes “man” to run it and so sometimes, it can come off as “man-based”. I don’t dispute that a lot of organizations and religions ARE man-based, but the religion I’m familiar with is God-based, completely. I think it means different things to different people (as most things do) but I can’t argue that there are always problems in ANY religion (or religious organization) when people/men/women want to take ownership and such for certain positions within that religion or organization. I’m grateful that I’ve never experienced that- just good stuff. 😉 Thanks for stopping by though; I appreciate your feedback! x

May 4, 2015 at 10:53 pm

5. Great testimony. I have been a member of CGC since 1980. Though many people with much more time, status or reputation have left in this split (including Rev. Hanson who I know very well, like a Brother), I will not leave. None of the people who left received and shared a message they personally learned and lived regarding our Precious Savior, Jesus Christ. Rev. B. R. Hicks is the Founder of this church and has lived an impeccable life. Unlike many who left she has not been married more than once, had issues with alcohol or drugs or any other sort of vice which comes with living dual or lukewarm. She is human like the rest of us, but has undoubtedly repented of much more and grown to a higher relationship than we ever imagined. She has written many books on diverse subjects and the Truth that is revealed in these books are Life-Changing to say the least. I know Rev, B.R. Hicks personally, as well as most of the folks who left; some who are close friends. The amazing thing about this all is how anyone who has discovered the vastness and richness of the “message” could possibly leave for anything or anyone. It appears people are leaving for houses and money, or just wanting to get away from “the Crucified Way” or Bride’s Message. As was so eloquently posted above, Jesus suffered greatly before He went to Glory. His Bride is going to suffer as well and not everyone is willing to suffer to that degree. I appreciate the original post and wish the author God’s Mercy and Grace the rest of their journey. Jesus is coming soon and the last thing I want to do is leave the fountain from whence the Truth of Jesus and Father are being preached. God “gave some apostles, and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some pastors and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:….. To whom do you believe God has given you to reach such a high calling? I live at the fountain and only a few miles away is the other church that just started. Many have decided that they must change the fountain from whence they drink from. They think God has given them a new apostle or prophet or evangelist or pastor or teacher. God knows. I thank God that He chooses to leave me with the pastor who I started out my journey with and she has never done me wrong yet, nor do I think for a minute that she is going to fail in the last furlong of the way. We are coming down the home stretch. To God be ALL the Glory. Bless Jesus.

May 5, 2015 at 10:47 pm

• I couldn’t have said it better myself, I think. :0) And thanks for taking the time here too and for sharing YOUR testimony. I feel the same way you do. I have a lot of strong feelings on why things are happening, but I’ll leave those out, naturally. You know, something interesting happened with me about 5 years ago. I was on Facebook (like everyone else) doing the status update 10 times per day and “liking” stuff (etc.) and then the Lord came to me personally and told me how He was disappointed with my activity. He ordered me to delete my Facebook account. Yep! And I wasted no time in doing it. Of course, I did it begrudgingly because I had so many “friends” there and it was the “happening place”- but I deleted my account. When God speaks, you listen, you know? So, I left, not even explaining anything to anyone or saying goodbye. At that time, I had had an eye injury and was down on my couch. I was semi-blinded for two weeks. God did a lot of (internal) surgery during those two weeks…heheh. He explained to me that Facebook was going to do a lot of damage to many of our people. HE let me know that He was sparing me, in so many words. I wrote to Rev. Hicks about that years ago. She wasn’t crazy about Facebook either (as you probably know) and still isn’t. We have to adapt to modern technology- I get it. But still, a lot of people don’t understand how Facebook- without caution or discretion- can be used to inflate the SELF. Status updates, liking, commenting- all day long- that sort of thing. It’s an addictive process that ends up being about one self rather than God a lot of the time. But another danger is that it uncovers a collective nakedness publicly. Brother or sister so and so in their bikinis at the beach- UGH. And you know, it just really pulls the curtain back on things that shouldn’t be pulled back- again, “collectively”. So, I still have a fierce stand against Facebook, and probably always will. There are very few of us who take such a strong stand against it- most people just “roll with it”, but I can’t do that. Whatever the world endorses and promotes with such fervor- can’t be a good thing! (That’s sort of a joke, but not really!)

You know, back in the day when I deleted my Facebook account, I didn’t understand what God was protecting me from, or why He would want to keep me FROM Facebook. But now I see it. I get it now. I see the damage that it’s helped to do in dividing our Church and some of our former associate pastors are like “Facebook stars!” now…you know. That type of thing. So yes, it’s helped to do a LOT of damage and I was warning people about it years ago- it’s here now.

Like you, I too will be a “lifer” at our home church. I think of Jesus and the apostles. He said, “Will you leave me too?” And they (Peter, I think) said, “Where will we go, Lord?”

And that’s how it is with me. There’s no other place to go. My mother was pregnant with me and had the Holy Ghost when I was in her womb. I was literally “born into the Message”. I don’t know any other way- thank God for that!

I’ve been over here on this little hill- and I missed the whole thing, really. But that’s not a bad thing…heheh. I do what I’ve always done. I’m SO glad that our Pastor is still with us! We surely need to pray for her like never before.

Thanks again for stopping by here and taking the time to share your testimony and heartfelt comments too. And God bless you too, Brother.

May 5, 2015 at 11:15 pm

6. Sandra

I’ve been with rev. Hicks for 43 years and for me no one has went into the word and explained it as she has. I was searching for more truth in 1970. And found it through her teachings. I don’t know why rev. Hudson and a few others left and don’t care to know. I’m satisfied where I am.

May 7, 2015 at 12:06 am

• Hi Sandra- great to meet you. :0) Yes, I’m convinced that Rev. Hicks has a vast amount of God-given knowledge- more than anyone I’ve ever known. But I know also that she should get credit for spending many years alone with the Lord and really applying herself in her studies, in Hebrew as well as really digging deep with the concordance and other applications. I know some of us don’t want to know what’s going on and why there’s been a division (incidentally, it’s more than just a “few” people. It’s happening in many of our Churches across the U.S., thanks to the advent of the internet), but some of us DO want to know also. I think education is a powerful thing- too much can kill, but so can too little. Personally, I like to be educated. If I’m made aware of certain situations, then I can gain a measure of understanding and compassion for ALL people- not just those who are walking beside me. I want to feel and know other peoples’ struggles so that I can have a greater understanding of what they’re going through. I think we each have a story to tell, and I want to know other peoples’ stories too, and not just my fellow brothers and sisters.

I’m continually reminded of Jesus’ word (Matthew 5:47, in particular) and how He said to be sure and salute others in the market places (publicly) and not only our brothers and sisters in Christ; for if we salute only those from our Church- what are we doing that’s different than anyone else? (Or, where is the actual GAIN?) But we need to remember to salute all people alike, and with the same amount of love and enthusiasm.

Another reason I like to stay educated and aware of what’s going on within (and outside of) our Church is because I want to protect myself from those “preaching another Jesus”, as Paul said (II Cor. 11: 4). Some of our people are being whisked off to this new Church- and really, they have every right to do that if that’s what they choose. But as for me, there’s no other place that I’ll ever call home than our Church (Christ Gospel/Headquarters).

I think it all boils down to what is best for each person “individually”. Like you, I choose to cling to the Crucified Way- because as its name implies- it’s a “way of life”, not just a Church that you go to. It’s integrated into what we do, how we feel, and how we live. We don’t always succeed- but we do know that our answer is at the Cross, always. There’s a reason it’s not called “The Resurrected Way”, eh?

As i mentioned in my post though, that’s one of the things I love most about our Pastor: she doesn’t change and above all else- she always directs us back to the Cross.

I think what I’ve learned from her more than anything else is that we must love others- no matter what. And if we truly love them, we bury their wrongs and we bury their sins. I carry that with me in my life- always- and try to teach others the same. (I don’t always succeed, but none of us do 24/7.)

May 7, 2015 at 12:59 am

7. Yeah Christianity in action. I like the helping in cleaning the house etc. It is not a bad thing to declare blessings, but start blessing in our own small ways. It is a distant concept to some though. When we were training to be Sunday School teachers and we had our street preaching “elective”, we were taught to feed the hungry first, then preach second. An empty stomach won’t be appreciative of a God we preach unless the concept is put into action. I hope everything is well now at your church.

May 15, 2015 at 2:29 pm

• I love that! Feed a person physically and then feed them spiritually. Consider it: Jesus did the same thing. He fed the masses with bread and fish (after they had all been travelling with Him for 3 days straight). He fed their bellies and then their souls and hearts. I think you’ve got it down. 😉

May 15, 2015 at 2:41 pm

• …and sometimes I get into trouble when I ask friends what they mean when they say “God bless you”. It is not bad, but like I said if we are more “purposeful” in our actions, the “God bless you” phrase becomes tangible and draws them more to the Christ we preach. Some people just like saying that, but when ask to literally bless other people, they find excuses. Hashtag litmus paper :p

May 15, 2015 at 2:53 pm

• Really good point. And yeah, I think actions definitely speak louder than words. For me, it all boils down to what Jesus pointed out: a person is known for his or her fruits/works- not by the words that they speak- actions definitely tell their own stories. ;0)

May 15, 2015 at 4:45 pm

8. I love that your Rev has a young heart full of passion. Whether I would agree with her or not I already know I respect her. Religion is such a touchy subject for so many today. I say if it feels right then go with it. For instance I was raised so much like you. Certain Disney movies were considered evil because they had witches in them. I was not aloud to believe in Santa Claus or anything fun but “not real” cause my mom did not want to lie to me. Wow that made holidays awesome… I was just sheltered as all get out. I went to a Baptist church and honestly hated it. I am actually surprised I am still a Christian. But I feel we seek God during times when we are truly lost. In those moments where I have felt helpless, weak, and literally desperate I know God has met me there. I strongly believe He hears me and has given me strength to survive my divorce on days I cried constantly. I started going back to a non denominational church where the music was great, humor was used in sermons, and there was a severe lack of judgement. Everyone felt welcome. Going to church now is refreshing and comforting like lemonade on a hot summer day. I believe now it is all about the atmosphere that is created that makes people want to be part of what you preach. You should photograph your Rev sometime 🙂 Good post!

June 12, 2015 at 4:44 am

• I really miss you! I love this: “In those moments where I have felt helpless, weak, and literally desperate I know God has met me there.” Absolutely. Jesus is such a strong part of who I am- I’d be utterly lost without Him. I do know for a fact that I’d be unbearable to be around without Him- ha…seriously. He softens up my heart and gives me HIS compassion for humanity- His love- His mercy. And i see through new eyes, you know? And for me, God’s always recreating me. His Word says, “I kill and make alive again.”

He makes us NEW- and just like you said, refreshes us. I’m really glad that you found a place you could connect with and relate to! That’s so important. 🙂

June 12, 2015 at 1:12 pm

9. Several points came to mind when I read this post. Faith without works is dead. Meaning to me , that there are actions to be taken to benefit others. Helping others out of service is good, tho I have to be aware that I cannot “carry” other folks. Also the point about, It is not about ME, my little problems or my victories or followers or likes or accomplishments. Without god, I am nothing. What I do positively, if it be a drawing or what have you , is the holy spirit working thru me as a conduit, making the music or art. All this is easily said and also easy to forget, unfortunately. Hoping not to get to a juncture where I am doing, Hail Mary touchdown passes for help…Dischord can be a motivator and usually is..Trying to stay in contact with the loving God…that is my two cents..take care..

June 27, 2015 at 2:38 pm

• Yeah, I think of that often too, Ted; faith without works is dead and vice versa. I think we do need to carry others though- not to the point of their own detriment or enabling them negatively- but when I think of the Scripture, “There is no greater love than to lay down your life for a friend” (paraphrased)- I think of we humans, as little Jesuses- that must stand in the gap for others- and in that way, when we take them to the Father in prayer, and intercede on their behalves, we are indeed “laying down our own lives” for them. In that way, we carry them.

I appreciate your valuable feedback and insight here, Ted, and thanks so much for popping in and taking the time. Hope you have a great weekend. :0)

June 27, 2015 at 4:15 pm

10. What does hudson got he hasn’t received. I know about hudson and many of the others that left. They quite frankly are locked in the past forms God blessed them with. But now they follow there own headship. They simply could not accept things the way God set them. It is irrelevant in one sense who leads Christ Gospel as long as that person continues to follow Jesus
    Wherever he goes. Rev Hicks has done nothing but help these people who left. They wanted different pasture so the could have control. God gave it to them. Incredible Ingraditude!

December 7, 2015 at 12:51 pm

• I used to have a really biased perspective of those who’ve gone other ways, but I remember Rev. Hicks once saying, “Not everybody’s called for The Message.” I must agree. Now if they come and go, does that mean that they’ve chosen to go away from The Message? Not necessarily. Being in “church” (as in the building) and being in “The Message” are two totally different things. A person can stop going to Church without leaving The Message, just as a person can make every Church service and prayer meeting and never have even a pinky toe submerged in Its Waters.

For all of these things, I’ve learned to not label and judge others. Every person must choose for him or herself what is right in their lives and it’s really not up to us to speculate or doubt their walk for going elsewhere. This has brought me so much peace. It allows me to love fully, and continually, and wish them well, knowing that some are called to be fingers in the body of Christ- others hands. But what is a hand without its fingers? Each needs the other.

Thanks for stopping in and sharing your thoughts. 🙂

December 8, 2015 at 9:54 pm

• Allison

A few years ago I asked the Lord what is the “Bride Message”??? Although I’ve been taught about it I was still unsure about what it was. And these was His words to me: “The Bride Message is a simple as this if you want to be the Bride as a Bride you have to have a Message. Just as in the natural realm the Bride and Bridegroom at their wedding will have a Message and that is the Message of their Love towards each other which their proclaiming to their friends family etc…. So also in the spiritual realm one day at the marriage supper it will be the same and the Bride and Bridegroom will proclaim their Message of Love towards those who didn’t make it to be in the Bride. It will be a Message of Love.” This was a true revelation which I’m forever grateful!

And just to add: I’ve notice that alot of CGC members proclaiming I’ve been in the Message, some will say for 30 to 40 years and even more years, which I’m not saying it is wrong as on one side of the scales it is good to remember the day when God saved you, which is great and awesome nobody can take it away from you, but there is a huge difference between: “Being in the Message” and for the ” Message to be within you and me” Being in the Message it is great, but it is even more great to have the Message within you. I’m not saying anymore I’m in the Message but the Message is within me!!!

We all have a portion of this Bride Message within us (i dont care which church organization you are in, or race, color I’m just want to make it clearvitbisbnit just a certain group of people and the reason why most won’t make it to be in the Bride of Christ is not that they didn’t have the Message within them is because they’ve never used it to make His Name known) is just for us to find it and use it to make His Name known. I don’t care how small or big your portion is which God had placed within side of you it is not about the size or the height or depth, breadth or length is all about did you use what God has given you to make His Name known. Afterall is all about His Name we want to make known.

Much Love. ❤❤❤❤

December 20, 2015 at 11:02 pm

• Hi Allison. :0) Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and share your thoughts too. I think there’s a lot that we can agree on concerning the Message, but regarding the reason “why” some people won’t make it in the Bride, etc.- you’ve mentioned that the reason is because those will not have made Jesus’ Name known, but we must remember that each person has his or her own walk with God and each person and situation is different. We can’t know why another person will or won’t make it- not really- because only God has the ability to see into the heart of man and know his shortcomings.

In our carnal minds, we think we too can know just where a person may or may not be in their individual walk with God, but we really don’t know; only God does.

Regarding people who will and won’t make it- I think of what God said about the Children of Israel not making it into Canaan’s Land (the physical representation of the New City)- God said that many didn’t make it in, because of their unbelief.

In these last days, if we don’t have the song of Love permeating our being, both spiritually and naturally, we’re toast! I love that most of what you wrote about hinged upon that note- LOVE. As far as making Jesus’ name known- we all fail. Even our best efforts could never be good enough. But the common bond that sews us together- no matter what church we claim- is the love of God.

Thanks again for taking the time to stop in and share your thoughts, words, and feelings. Much love indeed. 🙂

December 21, 2015 at 12:46 am

11. Anonymous

Wow, what an eye opener!!!
    This Lady Hicks must be the reel deal.
    Not too many left like her. Your words of her are gentle and kind thank you. Its evident she taught you well and led you to Jesus, the only one that can open your eyes to such wonderful Truths in the Word of God.

May 21, 2017 at 4:27 pm

• Yeah, she’s been the ultimate teacher for me and always- above everything else- she continues to deflect the attention away from herself and back TO God. She’s been poorly judged by many, but it seems that the ones who judge are looking through carnal eyes- seeking self-praise and such. She’s taught us that the way to God is through Jesus- and the denial of self (and self-seeking, self-promotion, etc. -which seems to be everybody these days) and also, to simply lay it all at Jesus’ feet. When you’re at Jesus’ feet, looking up, it’s not hard to be grateful for things. When we try and elevate ourselves equally with God (or beyond), we think we deserve so much more and it’s easy then to tear down Holy things. I’ve seen may people go down the drain because of those very reasons. I’m grateful that I’m over here on the sidelines- doing my own thing (of sorts)- I’m keeping my eyes straight ahead- not looking to the left or right- just straight ahead to Jesus. This way, I don’t get sucked into other peoples’ garbage- and believe me- there’s a lot of that these days! Head to the ground- eyes on the Cross- the only way. 😉 Thanks for stopping by.

June 8, 2017 at 6:27 pm