OBSESSED

1. It is crazy to think how addictive those games can be, especially the ever so lightly imposed competitive aspect.

January 30, 2022 at 7:41 am

• 😅 It’s straight up a fight to the death over there, every game. 😂

January 30, 2022 at 7:07 pm

• It gets so heated up as well, at least for me and my boyfriend. He also does these with his family, and i can tell you, it is very wholesome in a way, to see it, because i miss doing these kinds of things with my dad.

January 31, 2022 at 6:41 am

• I feel ya! Josh and I have literally stopped speaking mid-game. 😅 (That’s when you know you need to stop awaaaaaay from the board.) I totally feel you on the missing those things with your Dad! Why is it that we’re total idiots when we’re younger and don’t or can’t appreciate the value of time with our parents, until we’re so much older and they’re either on their way out soon, or have already gone? The older I get the more I realize that life truly is one big circle. (Thanks Elton John.) My Dad was a Chess Master, an actual one. He won tournaments, played blindfolded, won chess games over the phone where memory was crucial- just incredible. (He taught me how to play when I was 8 or so.) Memories, man. You know, O, they say people who go looking for ghosts find them. I think the same can be said for our loved ones who’ve gone before us. 😉 💕❤️💕

January 31, 2022 at 6:52 am

• See, for us, I just let him win, because it makes him so happy. He does the same when the game is more my forte, like word games and such. I cannot play chess for the life of me. And see, even now in this speaking of memorial mind, my dad did the same thing: he would let me win, because it would make me happy.
        I guess you could say we honour them, by still playing around like this, and thinking how, the things that taught us dont need to be so grand and obnoxiously there; but little traces, that makes it as though we are still daughters, and they live in – through us. ❤

January 31, 2022 at 6:58 am

• So beautifully put! I love that you expressed the need for our own reduction as we mature and grow older; we can then see from a new set of eyes, and in that way, we truly do become more like them, as they saw from those (older) eyes too. That’s so awesome. 😉

January 31, 2022 at 7:03 am

• p.s. But I’m sort of obsessed with Thom Yorke/Radiohead too. 😁

January 30, 2022 at 7:08 pm

• That is very commendable, some good music!

January 31, 2022 at 6:42 am

• YES. My two personal faves: Reckoner and Bloom. (Live from the basement series for Reckoner, and just Thom York for Bloom.) Incredible stuff!

January 31, 2022 at 6:55 am

• Live from the basement series is awesome! I am currently trying to get back into regularly practice bass, and that means lots of Queens of the stone age, and I am having a blast.

January 31, 2022 at 7:00 am

• LOVE QOTS!!! You go on wit cha badass self. 😉

January 31, 2022 at 3:03 pm

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )