Dead Men’s Bones

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness.

-Jesus

Image

Matthew 23:27/KJV

This is one of the reasons I love Jesus so much. He really knew/knows how to tell it like it is.
I have to deal with a lot of people in and out of my life that think they’re “righteous” because they hardly miss a church service.

But I like what Keith Green (singer) said: “Going to church makes you a Christian about as much as going to McDonald’s makes you a hamburger.” I love that man.

Sometimes people become so blinded by what is actually necessary– their attendance sheet becomes their primary focal point and everything else becomes blurry- like a bad lens, and then their self-righteous scorn, hate, and condemning judgment of others follows.

I’m all for blurry pics too but let’s keep it real.

If you’re going to be all up in the service 3 or 4 times per week, how about acting like it?
They kind of go together. [You know who I’m talking to.]

Smackdown over.
On to other things.

****************************************************

Taken on my solitary walk last week:
(All shot with the Helios 44 film lens + Digital Rebel)

Abandoned railroad

Abyss

Image

Curl- (for my mother)

Image

Cool weeds

Image

Full moon over a dog kennel

Image

Snow in a parking lot
Image

1. very nice, especially like “Desolate Railroad (road)”…that helios 44 lens works well with you…

December 23, 2013 at 3:29 pm

• Aww, hey thanks. :0) I’m still cutting my teeth on it, really- all manual (but film)- I have two more film lenses but I can’t seem to pull myself away from the Helios!

Thanks for checking ’em out. :0)

December 23, 2013 at 4:30 pm

2. ekeene4

LOVE the mailbox–it tells the whole story: yearning….

December 23, 2013 at 7:26 pm

• Exactly. :0) I got that too from it, as if it wanted to break away from that place…heh. Hope you and the Dirkster are doing well still in Colorado and hope you both have an excellent Christmas. x

December 23, 2013 at 8:15 pm

• ekeene4

what you are all doing for the holiday? make it merry with lots of cookies….
        life here in the rockies is, as usual, very interesting..
        w/ love, darling,
        ms. em….

December 24, 2013 at 8:41 am

• I’ll be going to visit my Dad’s grave, as I have for almost a decade now. They took him off of life support on Christmas Day; my family got together and snowmobiled, celebrated, and feasted, but my heart was uttlerly broken. I was the only one there for my Dad that day when they took him off of life support- he couldn’t speak much, but I saw the love in his eyes and we held each other’s hands and passed the day in that way. He’s been gone for 9 years now, and so yeah, I go out to visit his grave on Christmas Day (with a single white lily) as he’d requested long ago.

But maybe I’ll make cookies too. ;0)
        Have a great one. xo

December 24, 2013 at 8:52 am

• ekeene4

o. my. god…..
        here’s a quote for you, dear heart:
        “Grief does not change you… It reveals you.” ~ John Green

December 26, 2013 at 9:54 am

• I absolutely love that. :0) What a powerful statement. I’ll remember that for the rest of my life. Thanks for sharing that, E. x

December 26, 2013 at 12:53 pm

3. Nice collection of images that carry a particular mood all the way through them. Congratulations on your recent sale. I’ll bet that helped make your day a little bit?

December 26, 2013 at 4:12 pm

• Yeah, that’s my “happy mood”, Al…heheh. (I’m being serious.) Thanks, by the way! (Sale) I’m looking forward to your Carnegie exhibit. I know you must be too. :0)

December 26, 2013 at 5:04 pm

4. Beautiful work Birgitta. Love all of them and continue to be so thankful for how you have taught me to see the world. The things I now stop and admire that I would have before passed by. ❤ I think the "Curl" picture for your mother is my favorite ! I found this website called The 38 most haunting abandoned places on earth. Go to it and scroll down to Farm House-Seneca Lake, NY. I can totally see you being excited over visiting there at night LOL. http://distractify.com/culture/arts/the-most-spectacular-abandoned-places-in-the-world/

December 28, 2013 at 1:18 pm

• Oh yeah…I would totally do it. :0) I’m not scared of much of anything any more. I go into some pretty creepy places, and I love them. :0)

By the way, school starts in 2 weeks! (Here we go again, eh, Jen? Are we just flat out crazy or are we gluttons for punishment?)

I’m actually looking forward to it though.Hope things are well with you! Happy (early) New Year. xo

December 30, 2013 at 1:52 am