Just In: So I’m not a Control Freak After All!

Wow, am I relieved.

So I just took the Myers-Brigg’s Personality Type test. I’ve discovered that I’m an LTPB:

Long-Term Persistent B**ch.

That’s a joke.
I did discover, however, that I am in the category of the rarest type: INFJ. Only 1-3% of people are in this category. Others who share this classification are:

Ghandi
Marilyn Manson
Adolf Hitler
Osama Bin Laden

And then there’s me!

I answered the 72 questions in under five minutes and went with my first reaction to each, and quickly so. I was irked that there wasn’t a timer though. Did I mention that I’m also Type A?
Just a little bit?

Apparently, we INFJ’s are outspoken, creative, caring, analytical “feelers” with our fingers on the pulses of humanity, but you don’t want to piss us off because we’re “formidable in battle”. Our thoughtfulness and reflective thought processes can be mistaken for being aloof oftentimes, which would explain why that psychotherapist called me that that one time (as I dissected, categorized and hyper-analyzed her).

For other INFJ’s, here’s an interesting write-up (that sums me up in a nutshell, and no doubt, you too):

Website can be found here: INFJ Personality Type

INFJs make up only 1% to 3% of the population, the rarest of the personality types. They tend to be perfectionists who fear they aren’t living up to their potential. INFJs can always list the things they’ve left undone but have a hard time counting their accomplishments.

INFJs hold strong convictions and are deeply affected by the suffering of others. However, because they are introverted, they prefer thinking about weighty issues to talking about them. Those who are activists—a role toward which they gravitate—take up causes for moral reasons, not for personal glory or political power.

The INFJ is often found at disaster scenes as a rescue worker. When a person of this type sees people or animals being treated cruelly, he or she may fantasize about getting revenge on the perpetrators. Although INFJs are gentle by nature, they are formidable in battle.

ImageThis photo I took last month depicts the mood of an INFJ much of the time, for those that need a visual. 🙂 [Notice the smiley face] Helios 44-2 film/Digital rebel/manual- evening shadows

For those who want to take the official Brigg’s-Meyers Personality Test, go here: TEST

I’d love to know the results, so hit me!

1. yvo

totally fits B. wow. you are sure with the movers and shakers!! love this!!! xx

January 16, 2014 at 5:10 pm

• I know…when I read the description I freaked- that’s me (almost) to a T. (Except I don’t grab straws trying to count my accomplishments and I don’t think we should shy away from acknowledging we’ve accomplished things. If we work hard and ‘do things”, it’s alright to say so!) Such as your recent residency in Ireland. :0) I pick and choose my role models carefully and I’m so glad that you’re one of them.

(I still want to trade lives though.) ;0)

January 16, 2014 at 5:24 pm

2. I need to do this, iiiiiiinteresting……

January 17, 2014 at 1:21 am

• Yes, you do. Here’s the link: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

Take it! Take it! :0)
      Let me know how it goes.

January 17, 2014 at 12:01 pm

• BAhahahaha INFJ
        Hey soul sister!

January 17, 2014 at 1:55 pm

• HAHA!! I KNEW it. And, I was going to call it but didn’t want to offend you. (Haa!)

Welcome to CLUB DEVIANCE. You trouble maker, you!

January 17, 2014 at 2:02 pm

• This may have to inspire a blog post, ha!

January 17, 2014 at 5:09 pm

• Totally. INFJ’s unite! Let’s not forget to mention that both Osama Bin Laden AND Adolf Hitler share these unique personality traits.

Back in the day, I had like, a massive following and stuff (I drank a lot of wine back then and sometimes, my shirt took a flying leap- yes, it’s true…let the slut-shaming begin!) but I always had a good time. I bet.

And so these days, I’m just too frikking busy (lazy) to like, mass- produce my brilliant posts. I try to keep the chaos down to a “doable” level (200 followers TOPS) but if you make a post about this, I’ll back you to the fullest. :0) Haha…

Really though, you totally should! I used to think it was total crap but no, I’m a believer. It’s too accurate! Do it- do it!

January 17, 2014 at 5:23 pm

• Hahahahahhaha! Oh my gosh, you give such good comment.

January 17, 2014 at 5:28 pm

• Uhuh…that’s not the first time I’ve head that, Cookie.

;0)

January 17, 2014 at 5:29 pm

3. I’m trying to find the test online and it’s harder than you might imagine. I’ve taken it before but don’t remember the results. I’m quite fascinated by this 3%, with both Gandhi and Hitler on it. And now…you!

January 17, 2014 at 1:34 am

• Haha….yeah, nothing like “making the short list”. (I do like that Cate Blanchett is also an INFJ, even if she does only drink hot water during her interviews- that’s a wee too rich for my liking- but I’ve always liked her.) I think I struggled with only two answers that had to do with feelings vs. reasoning: I’m heavy-handed in both areas so that was a bit of a trick question for me, but the rest of the test seemed fairly easy to breeze through. Here’s the link to the actual Brigg’s-Meyers test (the same one I took): http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

Break a leg. ;0) (Let me know the results if you decide to take it.)

January 17, 2014 at 11:59 am

• I like her so much but had no idea about the hot water quirk! “Rich,” hahaha!

I took the test, and shockingly, I’m an INFJ too. But check this out — there is one question in particular (the second to last) that I couldn’t decide on. So my first answer resulted in INTJ, but reading the INTJ description, it didn’t quite fit. So I went back and looked at all my answers again, and the only thing I changed was that one question, and it changed me to INFJ (which “feels” more right). I really wish I could find the old result from years ago, I’d be curious to see if it’s the same.

January 17, 2014 at 3:49 pm

• Mhhhhmm… I read last night that she ordered nothing but “hot water” in her interview once (and peanuts, no doubt skinless and without salt) and upon arriving, she looked out over the large empty cold room and gave a slight shutter (in a real Joan Crawford sort of way) and THEN addressed the interviewer with a smile and a grand hello. Haa…I love that. That takes brass balls to pull off. I have to give it to her.

I’ve heard others comparing INTJ’s with INFJ’s: I think there’s a striking similarity. Personally, I think the INTJ is the INFJ with a microscope. ;0) The INTJ is known as “The Scientist”. Being the fantastic writer that you are, it would make sense that you could be flexible as either personality. (I think I’m definitely both.)

January 17, 2014 at 4:13 pm

4. I love the photo and how well it connects with everything you said, and the title did give me a giggle.
    From the little that I had the pleasure of knowing you, the test results do sound like you. I wonder how mine would go.

January 17, 2014 at 5:25 am

• Take it! Here’s the link: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

It only takes a few minutes to take and I believe it’s fairly accurate. Any test is only as accurate as the participants are honest, so just be brutally honest and you’ll get fair results. It’s enlightening! Glad I took it. Be sure to let me know if you DO take and and what your results are. :0)

January 17, 2014 at 12:01 pm

• This is what I got :
        INFJ
        Introvert(56%) iNtuitive(25%) Feeling(62%) Judging(44%)
        😀
        I am reading and it does sound scary accurate, especially parts like this :”They are, in fact, sometimes mistaken for extroverts because they appear so outgoing and are so genuinely interested in people — a product of the Feeling function they most readily show to the world. On the contrary, INFJs are true introverts, who can only be emotionally intimate and fulfilled with a chosen few from among their long-term friends, family, or obvious “soul mates.”

January 17, 2014 at 12:25 pm

• Another INFJ! Wow…welcome to the 1 to 3 %! Heheh… really though, I’m not surprised at all. I’m betting many of my friends are INFJ’s as we’re all artists, painters, photographers, sculptors, writers, musicians (the list goes on) and most artists that I know are very much like me: we want to share and give and create and help and DO for and “with” others, but we’re loners at heart who MUST have the privacy and alone time we desperately crave. It’s our balance. :0) I’m so thrilled that you too are an INFJ! :0)

January 17, 2014 at 12:32 pm

5. Northernbaygirl

Now I would have sworn that we would have got a very similar result but apparently I am an INFP

January 17, 2014 at 3:15 pm

• Well see, one of the big differences between us is that:

” INFP’s are good listeners and put people at ease”, and apparently, I spend much of my time fantasizing about getting revenge on perpetrators.

(I can’t dispute that.)

Apart from that one little area, I’m quite the charmer! 🙂

January 17, 2014 at 3:22 pm

• Northernbaygirl

I am very much a good listener (well I am if I’m paying attention when someone starts talking to me, if I’m engrossed in something you could be right next to me and I wouldn’t hear a word)

Fantasizing about getting revenge? screw that! get the revenge and move on, or just let karma get the evil tw*ts.

January 17, 2014 at 3:55 pm

• Hahaa….I was just telling my Mom (on the phone) that I don’t agree with the “fantasizing about exacting revenge on perpetrators”. I simply DO IT.

In all honesty, I give people plenty of chances to back away, square things off, play fair and all of that other good stuff. But make no mistake, I have my hands on BOTH guns at all times. ;0) (Think: Sharon Stone in The Quick and the Dead.)

At least that’s how it looks in MY head…heheh..

January 17, 2014 at 4:02 pm

6. Sami Clara

Hey there! For some reason, WordPress isn’t displaying the reply button on the comment you left me recently. I just wanted to thank you for your (as always) sound advice, understanding and explanations of things. ❤

I'm so going to take this test later on tonight by the way. It looks awesome.

I hope you're well. ❤

January 17, 2014 at 3:26 pm

• Hey Sami, you’re welcome. I’m doing well, thanks. Better than usual (I have running water again)- no complaints! I guess I underestimated just how much indoor plumbing puts me in a GREAT mood. :0)
      And yes, by all means, do take this test. I think it’s highly accurate. I can only disagree with two areas in my results but the rest is spot on. Let me know how it turns out, ok? Good seeing you. x

January 17, 2014 at 3:34 pm

• Sami Clara

Thanks, dear. I will. =)

It’s good to hear that you’re doing well. I’m so glad you got the water sorted too.

January 17, 2014 at 3:42 pm

• And flushing toilet too! :0)

January 17, 2014 at 4:03 pm

7. INTJ here. I find it interesting there are so many INFJs commenting. Maybe there is something about blogging that appeals to that personality type. I am too coldly logical, Dr. Spock, as I have been called, (another nickname I have is the Terminator) to be an INFJ. But that INTJ description is eerily accurate.

February 3, 2014 at 7:52 am

• They really are eerily accurate! What you may not know is that a lot of the people who comment on my posts are artists (not just bloggers): they’re painters, photographers, etc. We’re artists, and I’ve come to learn that many artists are INFJ’s- artists are a little bit Type A, heheh. It fits. Thanks for sharing your results with me. And hey, there’s nothing wrong with Dr, Spock! (Or the Terminator!) :0)

February 3, 2014 at 11:53 am